Charitable Registration #87142 0410 RR0001
Donations can be made online by clicking the Donation button. All transactions are private and secure. You will receive an Electronic Tax Receipt upon completion of your donation.
Donate by Mail
Tax receipts are issued for all donations of $25.00 or more, upon request.
Donate through the Telethon
The 2014 Telethon will be held live on TSN, at the Scotties Tournament of Hearts, in Montreal, on Sunday, February 2, 2014.
The Curling Club Challenge
The fifth annual curling club challenge will be held during the Sandra Schmirler Foundation Telethon. The three curling clubs with the largest contributions (for equity, based on club size which is calculated by the total donation divided by the number of sheets of ice) will receive pairs of tickets to a 2014 major curling event (Scotties Tournament of Hearts, Tim Hortons Brier or Ford World Championship), courtesy of the Canadian Curling Association.
Congratulations to the winning curling clubs in the 2012 Curling Club Challenge to raise funds for the Sandra Schmirler Foundation. We are pleased to announce the 2012 winners, as follows:
- First ranked club:
Dartmouth Curling Club, Nova Scotia
- Second ranked club:
Chilliwack Curling Club, British Columbia
- Third ranked clubs:
Mayflower Curling Club, Nova Scotia
Thank you to all the curling clubs that participated in this year's Challenge.
- Vancouver Curling Club, BC
- Springbank Curling Club, AB
- Scarboro Golf and Country Club, ON
- Glen Meadows Day Ladies Curling & Masters League, BC
- Lethbridge Curling Club & Industrial Curling League, AB
- The Weston Golf and Country Club, ON
- Tonkin Co-op Association Curling Club, SK
- Qualicum Ladies Curling Club, BC
- Banff Curling Club, AB
- Innisfail Curling Club, AB
- Pense Curling Club, SK
- Kerry Park Ladies Curling, BC
- Gladstone Curling Club, NB
- North Hill Community Curling Club, AB
- Lunenburg Curling Club, NS
- Goose Bay Curling Club, NL
- Montague Curling Club, PEI
- Silver Fox Curling Club, PEI
- Raymore Curling Club, SK
- Beausejour Curling Club, MB
- Coronach Curling Club, SK
- Humboldt Curling Club, SK
- Langley Curling Club, BC
- Mississauga Golf & Country Club, ON
- Kirkland Ladies Curling Association, QC
Your support in keeping Sandra's legacy alive is very important. Remembering that "Champions Start Small" we are proud to have donated over $2.3 million to neonatal intensive care units in 31 hospitals across Canada.
Framed Pin Set Fundraiser
Order your Framed Pin Sets to raise funds for your club and the Sandra Schmirler Foundation.
Framed Pin Sets include a photo of Sandra Schmirler surrounded with every pin produced by the Sandra Schmirler Foundation and mounted in a 16" x 11" wooden frame.
The money raised will be divided 50/50 (after deducting the $55 cost of the pin set) between your club and the Sandra Schmirler Foundation.
Attend a Season of Champions event and donate
At the Scotties Tournament of Hearts in Kingston (February 16-24, 2013) and the Ford World Men's Championship in Victoria (March 30- April 7, 2013), curlers will be doing crowd sweeps in the stands to accept donations.
Buy a pin
- 10th Anniversary lapel pin.
- Sandra Schmirler Foundation logo on Gold rectangular "bar" pin.
- Gold round pin with "Champions Start Small", 4 arms and heart.
- Red and white enamel round pin with 4 arms and heart.
- 2012 Red and Blue enamel round pin with Champions Start Small.
- 2013 Red and Blue enamel round pin with Champions Start Small.
All pins are priced at $10 (plus applicable taxes). Special pricing may be available for bulk purchases. Place your order through the Foundation office or online by email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Send payment, along with your mailing address, to the Foundation office at:
or you may pay by credit card by phoning 1-866-210-6011.
Organize your own fundraising event
- Organize a golf tournament: The 2013 CTV Sandra Schmirler Golf Classic will be held on August 12th in Regina.
Create a fundraiser at your curling club: Looking for fundraising ideas? The Sandra Schmirler Foundation would like to help!
Curling Clubs can donate to the Foundation through loonie and toonie collections, shoot for the button contests and at open houses. Other suggested activities include: learn to curl clinics, the Foundation "Gold Medal" curling camps, short-house matches, mini bonspiels, pro-am events, curl-a-thons, receptions, banquets and silent and live auctions.
For more significant fundraising activities, a club can create projects that will raise funds for both the Sandra Schmirler Foundation and their local club initiatives. The split is 50/50, but the split and the club cause (e.g. a roof fund or new ice scraper) must be publicized through all promotional materials.